Safe ultrasound contrast agent and drug delivery system with triggered release
posted on 05/16/2011
Drexel researchers have developed a highly stable micro-encapsulation system that, depending on manufacturing protocol, can be used as:
- a very safe and durable ultrasound contrast agent with a very high mechanical index and cavitation threshold; or
- a durable drug delivery system with rapid payload release triggered by externally applied ultrasound.
Please see the attached description for additional details and contact Alexey Melishchuk at 215-895-0304 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1) very safe and durable ultrasound contrast agent with high mechanical index;
2) drug delivery system with triggered release.
1. Very durable in physiological solution at room temperature – no noticeable loss of function over one year.
2. At double mechanical index, making this constrast much safer than currently marketed agents.
3. No contrast enhancement loss over 30 minutes under continuous insonation.
File Number: 08-1027D
Find more innovations